"It was not an easy decision to make with all the obstacles and challenges on many sides, but the prospect of competing again makes me really excited."
Djokovic revealed he tested positive for the coronavirus three weeks ago after competing in the Adria Tour which he helped to put together.
In a statement he apologised and admitted he was wrong to organise the Adria Tour events in Serbia and Croatia after becoming one of four players to test positive for coronavirus.
The news confirming Djokovic's involvement at Flushing Meadows comes as a surprise after he said in June competing at the US Open would be "impossible" due to "extreme" coronavirus protocols.
The three-time US Open champion says he is fit and accepts this year's tournament will be rather unusual.
"I am สล็อต aware that this time around it will be very different with all the protocols and safety measures that are put in place to protect players and people of New York," he added.
"Nevertheless, I have trained hard with my team and got my body in shape so I am ready to adapt to new conditions.
"I've done all the check-ups to make sure I am fully recovered and I am ready to get back on court fully committed to playing my best tennis."
The decision comes after a host of top players, including defending champion Rafael Nadal and women's No 1 Ashleigh Barty decided to skip the event in New York due to fears over coronavirus.
Former winner Stan Wawrinka has also pulled out with Elina Svitolina and Kiki Bertens deciding last week they would not take part in New York because of the risks.
However, Serena Williams has said she remains committed to playing at the tournament.
Djokovic will also compete in the Western & Southern Open, which is usually held in Cincinnati but will be played at Flushing Meadows from August 22-28.
contact us Line ID: @ufa98v2